THE CLOUD IS THE COMPUTER
Computing is everywhere and understanding how to architect data centers, networks and applications is the challenge before us. Join us as we tackle the big questions emerging in computing and IT. If you look at Amazon, Google, Facebook, Microsoft et al., we’ve seen gigantic gains in cloud infrastructure build-out over the last 7 years. But when is there ever enough compute power? Looking ahead, what has to be done on the infrastructure side to enable the next great wave of applications? The types of applications that will make use of all that data collected by our wearables, our cars, our appliances? What will be the killer applications next year and beyond that? And what will the infrastructure that powers all those applications look like? How will we power up the data centers behind those applications? At Structure, we’ll explore:
- What the infrastructure powering tomorrow’s killer applications will look like
- The use of cloud technologies to design, build and ship physical products
- Do the terms public, private and hybrid cloud create a distinction without a difference?
- Can the vendors that powered the PC and client-server revolutions maintain their edge in the cloud computing era?
- What is the future of the internationalization of the cloud? What does the growth we’re seeing in China, Brazil, etc tell us about the future?